Kitchen Ladies hepimizin kurban bayramini kutlar
On occasion my mum and I take out our favorite baking recipe book and try out different cupcake and cake recipes. And what an occasion kurban bayrami (=Feast of the Sacrifies) is! It is our most important religious day of the year and is celebrated with tons of food and sugar. My new favourite cupcake dough is made with tea - yes, tea. Don't be scared, try it out!
Earl Grey Cupcakes
3 Earl Grey tea bags
80 g butter, at room temperature
260 g sugar
240 g all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
200 ml milk
- Start by preparing the tea: in a cup add 4 tablespoons of boiled water to tea bags. Let rest for 30 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- In a bowl mix butter and sugar. Add dry ingredients using a sifter on low speed.
- In a seperate bowl mix eggs and milk.
- Add tea to milk and eggs mixture.
- Putting the dry mixture on low speed pour liquids into bowl - portioning it 3/4 and 1/4.
- Heat ovento 190°C (Umluft 170°)
- Line tin with cupcake cups and fill 3/4 with dough.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.