Rebirth

I haven´t been posting for a very long time. To be more exact: since I have started uni in hamburg.
And it´s no coincident....
I finally did move out of my parents house with my 20 young years, but was faced already with the ugly truth.

I do not have a kitchen in my apartment.


Really hard to believe, aint it? But unfortunately the truth.
I wasn´t even able to bake some William and Kate Cupcakes. Which made spending 6 hours in front of the TV and watching the wedding even more pathetic.

Anyway.

My mom helped me moving and as she saw my tiny little room she quickly decided that I have to eat outside from now on. Which means that I have been and will be enjoying my meals in the canteen, at restaurants but more likely in cafe/ bistros. So I had the idea to post about my outgoings in hamburg now and then for the next 6 months ( cause that´s when I´m allowed to move out).
And, if I am able to manage it, I will send some pictures and write recipes whenever I´m in hanover or my mother remembers to take shots of her menus.

As I am writing this, I´m sitting at "Jim Block", a franchise snack bar which evolved from the highly known Steakhouse "Block House", eating my JB Special Salad with lots of arugula/ rocket, giant but sweet tomatoes, onions, French Dressing, garlic bread and a 125g steak placed in the middle of this mostly healthy salad. ;)
Served with a drink, one is able to afford this menu for a total of 8 euros. Including the view of the Alster, of course.
And I must say it was very, very much satisfying.

Guten Appetit!

Comments

Popular Posts