blueberry crumb cake
blick-fang - at teestübchen I made up my mind to make a crumble cake myself. so I looked into the hummingbird bakery book for a recipe and et volià there it was: a recipe for a fruity blueberry crumb cake.
190g butter at room temperature
3 eggs (small-medium)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
30 ml milk
150g (or more) blueberries
15g brown sugar
20g ground almonds
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- set oven to 175°C. butter box form and sprinkle with flour. in a small bowl mix ingredients for crumble topping; first flour and butter - rub butter into flour with hands until a fine dusty texture is created. now add sugar, almonds and cinnamon.
- in a mixer mix butter and sugar until fluffy, add one egg at a time and mix on medium-high speed. sift all dry ingredients in a different bowl and separate in three parts.
- now add dry ingredients to mixture, one part at a time, alternating with milk.
- using a spoon gently fold in walnuts and blueberries. add to cake tin.
- bake for 55-60 minutes. let rest in tin first then take out carefully.
- serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream.