My Favorite Things

For some reason I'm feeling very indifferent to everything around me.
I have a strong urge to run away, somewhere far away, but then just end up lying on my couch listening to nothing but sounds coming from the apartment.
On top of that my body seems to refuse sleep before 3 am. Which makes me to a walking dead and a particularly bad student.

So to break this cycle of weirdness I started thinking about all the little things that make me happy.
I want to function like a self-cleaning oven. Make a short analysis and offer a quick solution. Anyways, here are some of my favorite things.

FINDING the perfect song that expresses my current state of mind (today was a battle between The Hives "Die, Alright!" and Featherstone by The Paper Kites - conflicted mood as you can tell).
SEEING Mum's daily good morning message pop up on my phone.
TAKING AFTERNOON naps.
LISTENING TO DAD answering my phone calls with 'hi pelin, this is your dad'. #callerID.
HEARING the words "...this is Fresh Air I'm Terry Gross...".
GETTING LOST in a hard Sudoku game until I forget everything around me
SOLVING it.
WEDNESDAY MORNINGS for three simple reasons: no work, gym time and a new episode of The Mindy Project.
FIGURING OUT the chords to a song all on my own.
AWESOME THANK YOU SPEECHES from the Oscars or Golden Globes.
THAT CRINGY BUT SWEET MOMENT when my parents talk about the nineties.
BUZZFEED articles about Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield.
THE SMELL of freshly baked cookies.
THE OPENING TITLE of Harry Potter.
HAVING FLASHBACKS to vacation memories.
'FRIENDS' CHRISTMAS AND THANKSGIVING episodes
THE SOUND OF LEAVES.
THE SOUND OF WAVES.
THE SMELL OF PINE TREES.
SANDY FEET.
THE FEELING OF being in the right place at the right time. with the right people.

Comments

  1. So, I could subscribe at least all of the last bullet points.
    But this one melts my heart:
    "THE FEELING OF being in the right place at the right time. with the right people."
    (Can we go back? JUST NOW?)

    You're awesome, never forget!
    Happy to call you my friend. Panda-Pelino.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts