Brunch with my family

Hello there...
On the occasion of my 22nd birthday my mother invited me and the rest of the family for brunch at our home. She thought it was the easy way out of a proper birthday dinner and hoped that by 2 pm all our guests will be satisfied and on their way home. Well, contrary to her expectations we had a house filled with loud family members and their activ kids trying to do as many plates of foods as possible - the brunch stretched out to a 5 hour long food party. What was on the table you ask? Turkish sandwiches with garlic and cheddar, egg salads, spicy olive mixtures, wheat salads, fruits like oranges and melons, original italian cheese platter, fried eggplants and zucchinis, bulgur, feta and fresh breadings like brötchen and baguettes...

Although tiring it was a great family day - especially having seen my grandma before she returned to Turkey. I am so grateful to have such nice family ... can't wait for my 22nd year in life: spending 6 months doing an internship at Unilever and afterwards heading towards San Diego to study at SDSU - so far I just love being 22!

Comments

Popular Posts