Delayed Mr. Pumpkin




As I have waited all october and november for a pumpkin to show up in my basket I was even more excited about the burgain last week. Two cute little pumkins made their way to my kitchen-my head filled with ideas and overly excitement- I started cooking today. With probably the easiest recipe in the world.

Pumpkin slices


ingredients
one pumpkin
300g sugar
(just a suggestion)

1) Split the pumpkin into two halves. After peeling, cut the pumpkin into thick slices (about one inch quarters) and place it in a pan.

2) Sprinkle it generously with sugar (until all the slices are visibly covered in sugar) and turn the cooker on medium heat.

3) After about 2 min. the sugar starts to caramelize-now add a cup of water, cover your pan and let it simmer for about 15 min. until the water evaporated and the pumkin slices are thoroughly soft.

4) Cool it for 2 - 3 hours.

Serve it cold with chopped walnuts or pistachio. If your in the mood you can even add vanilla ice cream.

Bon appetit!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts