The Great Brownie "bake-off" – Part 2: skillet brownie
Double Chocolate Brownie in a Skillet
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream ("Schlagsahne")
220g dark chocolate, chopped
1. in a bowl mix flour, powder and salt and set aside. In another bowl whisk together eggs and sugar.
2. take a medium-sized, oven resistent skillet and heat butter and cream.
3. add chocolate to butter and stir carefully. Before you know it, all chocolate is melted and the skillet needs to be removed from the heat quickly. Let chocolate rest for about 5 minutes before continuing.
4. pour chocolate into eggs and whisk for a moment. Now fold in the flour and mix until there is no sight of flour.
5. now transfer the mixture back into skillet and bake at 180°C for 35-40 Minutes.
This recipe is from Martha Stewart - you can watch her video here (btw how amazing is her hair?!). I like this recipe a lot because the brownie has some nice texture and fudge-ness which I love most about brownies. It is moist on the inside and has a "cracky" surface – you know, that distinctive brownie look;) I definitely think that the double chocolate brownie in a skillet is the perfect recipe!