The Great Brownie "bake-off" – Part 2: skillet brownie

I couldn't wait any longer and had to look for a skillet brownie recipe. I tried this recipe at home while my mum was at work and I have to admit, it's pretty damn awesome. Tonight I served my parents a homemade all organic dinner for which I had to prepare a roast chicken for the very first time! It was my little Julie&Julia moment. And yes, I did give the chicken a salt & pepper massage after defrosting. The chicken was organic - a small specimen but tasty and juicy thanks to my mum's cast iron roaster. We cooked the chicken for an hour and a half, leaving it uncovered during the last 30 minutes. For dessert I served warm brownies with vanilla ice cream and we enjoyed some Turkish tea alongside. Here goes the recipe for the double chocolate brownie.

Double Chocolate Brownie in a Skillet


ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream ("Schlagsahne")
220g dark chocolate, chopped

instructions
1. in a bowl mix flour, powder and salt and set aside. In another bowl whisk together eggs and sugar.
2. take a medium-sized, oven resistent skillet and heat butter and cream.
3. add chocolate to butter and stir carefully. Before you know it, all chocolate is melted and the skillet needs to be removed from the heat quickly. Let chocolate rest for about 5 minutes before continuing.
4. pour chocolate into eggs and whisk for a moment. Now fold in the flour and mix until there is no sight of flour.
5. now transfer the mixture back into skillet and bake at 180°C for 35-40 Minutes.

This recipe is from Martha Stewart - you can watch her video here (btw how amazing is her hair?!). I like this recipe a lot because the brownie has some nice texture and fudge-ness which I love most about brownies. It is moist on the inside and has a "cracky" surface – you know, that distinctive brownie look;) I definitely think that the double chocolate brownie in a skillet is the perfect recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts