Emergency Cookie Recipe

Alright, alright, alright - yesterday I started my new part time job at an IT start up company in Hamburg and found myself in the biggest kitchen dilemma of all times: no kitchen scale, no cups. I had successfully moved every cool thing I own to my parent's house before I took off to California. Thus meaning that I lack my baby espresso machine and all of my baking supplies. It leaves me with nothing but a hand mixer that's older than I am. So wanting to bake my way into my coworkers hearts I tried to come up with a no scale recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

Ingredients

Half a package of butter
5 tbsp brown sugar
5 tbsp confectioners sugar
1 small coffee mup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
Chocolate chips, as many as you like

Mix butter on high speed for 3 minutes and then add sugars. Using a hand mixer combine sugar and butter for 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time.

Sift flour with salt and soda into mixing bowl and combine all ingredients on low speed. Add chocolate chips to dough and work with a spoon to combine.

For about 10 minutes let your dough rest in the freezer and then set oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit (or 175 degree Celsius Unter-/Oberhitze). Portion dough evenly on baking sheet (approximately 1 tablespoon) and bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
These ones really spread out so don't forget to leave enough space in between ;)


Comments

Popular Posts