This is a very easily made, tasty cake for everyday. It's kind of fluffy and reminds me of summer.
It is the first recipe I tried from the hummingbirdbakery's book of baking.
190 g soft butter at roomtemperature
190 g sugar
190 g flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons of poppy seed
2 tablespoons of lemon zest from an organic lemon
25 g milk
80 g ricotta cheese
juice of one lemon
50 g sugar
- First butter the cake pan (length 20 to 30 cm) and cover it with flour.
- With an electric mixer combine the butter and sugar. Then add one egg at a time until you end up with a fluffy mixture.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the poppy seeds and lemon zest to the flour.
- Part the flour mixture into three portions. Put the mixer on low speed. After adding the first portion add the milk and lastly the cheese.
- Fill the mixture into the cake form and bake at 170 ° for 50-60 Minutes.
- In the meantime boil the lemon juice, sugar and 100ml water in a pan until the liquid is halfed.
- After taking the cake out when it's done, spread the syrup immediately.
- Let it cool before cutting it in pieces.