Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
These are the ingredients for 12 cupcakes (well actually... I ended up with 14):
50 g gingersnap cookies (I always use Hobbits cookies by Brandt for cheesecakes)
- Preheat your oven to 185° C.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases and set aside.
- Crush the cookies to fine crumbs and mix with ground almonds, sugar and melted butter.
- Press 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture into the base of each muffin case and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Beat the cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest, beating well after each addition.
- Rap the mixer bowl hard on your counter to knock out the air bubbles trapped inside the filling.
- Spoon the mixture over the cookie bases 3/4 full.
- Press three mulberries into the filling and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheesecakes are puffed and starting to color.
- Cool, then chill until ready to eat.
- Decorate each cheesecake with more mulberries and dust with powdered sugar to serve.