How to say thank you in cake-ish
Unfortunately I was in a big hurry and therefore I couldn't plan out the design. I ended up with a cake that really did look like its selfmade but I still hoped that he would have a laugh...
The recipe for "Zupfkuchen"
1 package of baking powder
1 package of instant vanilla pudding by Dr.Oetker
Fruits of your like (from a can)
- Mix all ingredients for the dough ether by hand or if you have with kitchen aid using the spatula for a "mürbteig". If needed add more cacao or flour (e.g.the dough is too wet)
- Now roll out the dough on your counter as a circle and place it carefully in your baking form. With your fingers press the dough to the edges with the purpose of creating a "plate".
- Open the can and place the fruits on the dough - you dont have to cut it into pieces as it gets really soft after the baking it in the oven.
- Now prepare the filling by mixing the quark with the sugar, adding the eggs one after another. Incorporate the pudding powder and mix for another minute on medium speed.
- Stir the filling into the prepared tin with the dough.
- Using the rest of the dough form it into any design of your like - in my case it was or supposed to be an iphone. To form your designs use these:
- Having the oven preheated at 180°C bake the cake until golden about 55 minutes.
You can use the original recipe by Dr.Oetker aswell: http://www.oetker.de/oetker/rezepte/backen/kuchen_aus_der_form/russischer_zupfkuchen_%C3%B8_28_cm.html