How to say thank you in cake-ish





Once again I paid a visit to my family 200 km south of hamburg: my beautiful hometown Hannover. But this time with a mission: to thank my sweet uncle for his big surprise last week-a brand new IPhone! While quickly making a cake for this evening an idea popped into my head to try to symbolize my thanks to him:)
Unfortunately I was in a big hurry and therefore I couldn't plan out the design. I ended up with a cake that really did look like its selfmade but I still hoped that he would have a laugh...

The recipe for "Zupfkuchen"

ingredients
for dough
1 egg
250g butter
200g sugar
400g flour
1 package of baking powder
40g cacao

ingredients
for filling
500g quark
250g sugar
3 eggs
1 package of instant vanilla pudding by Dr.Oetker
Fruits of your like (from a can)

instructions

  1. Mix all ingredients for the dough ether by hand or if you have with kitchen aid using the spatula for a "mürbteig". If needed add more cacao or flour (e.g.the dough is too wet)
  2. Now roll out the dough on your counter as a circle and place it carefully in your baking form. With your fingers press the dough to the edges with the purpose of creating a "plate".
  3. Open the can and place the fruits on the dough - you dont have to cut it into pieces as it gets really soft after the baking it in the oven.
  4. Now prepare the filling by mixing the quark with the sugar, adding the eggs one after another. Incorporate the pudding powder and mix for another minute on medium speed.
  5. Stir the filling into the prepared tin with the dough.
  6. Using the rest of the dough form it into any design of your like - in my case it was or supposed to be an iphone. To form your designs use these:
  7. Having the oven preheated at 180°C bake the cake until golden about 55 minutes.


Comments

Popular Posts