American Muffins



Using Martha Stewarts recipe I made some tasty blueberry muffins for a friend´s birthday at an Open Air movie streaming. The muffins were supposed to be gigantic but tas we had no baking powder at home they turned out normal sized. Instead of the baking powder I used baking soda and changed the recipe in measurements according to the stocking at the apartment. At the end I resolved with this:
3 cups and 2 tablespooons of flour
6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 and 1/4 cups of sugar (and some more for the sprinkling)
1 pack of vanilla sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
and 1 and 3/4 cups of fresh blueberries...


First I heated the oven to 190° C (375°F) and gently mixed the dry ingredients except for the sugar in a bowl. Then using the mixer I combined the butter with the sugar until it got all fluffy and creamy(it took around 4 minutes).


After stirring the eggs in the bowl I mixed the flour and the milk in turns putting the maschine on medium speed.


The last step is to put the berries in the mixture and place it in the muffin form and bake them until they are golden.


Voillá!

Comments

Popular Posts